Bariatric SurgeryCan Help You Lose
45 to 60% of the original weight
and this has benefits on blood sugar,
sleep, and heart disease
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) is the only scientifically proven method for long term and effective weight loss. Bariatric Surgery means modification or alteration of the gastrointestinal tract to induce weight loss. It includes a range of procedures from simple restrictive to combined restrictive and malabsorptive. Majority of the obese individuals fail to reduce weight by diet restriction and regular exercise. Even if they lose initially, weight is regained due to the effect of fat set point.
Depending upon the age, BMI, food habits, social habits, dietary pattern, co-morbidity status and patient compliance, an appropriate weight loss procedure is chosen by the Bariatric surgeon after thorough psychological evaluation of the patient.
All bariatric and metabolic procedures are done laparoscopically. A laparoscope is connected to a video camera through small abdominal incisions, giving the surgeon a magnified view of the internal organs on a television monitor. It is a painless, minimally invasive, stitch less procedure with the patient being in the hospital for 3 days.
REASON WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE DR AMIT GARG?
- Highly specialized and experienced bariatric and metabolic surgeon
- Team Work
- Best weight loss surgery.
- Best diabetes treatment.
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery.
- Best Bariatric Center of North India.
- Complete weight loss solutions.
- Zero scar bariatric surgery.
- CODSILS consists of a dedicated team solely brought together towards one objective: To make people rid of obesity, diabetes and its related problems. This makes us a dedicated and focused group catering to all obesity related problems. As bariatric population has a different set of requirements for anesthesia as compared to the general population, we have a full time specialist bariatric anesthetisa team to handle even the most complex cases.
#Best bariatric / weight loss surgery hospital in India | Punjab? We are the pioneers of Mini Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery in Punjab
THE PATH TO SUCCESS BEGINS WITH UNDERSTANDING OF THE BARIATRIC PROCEDURE THAT WILL SUIT TO YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR AGE, BMI, COMORBID CONDITIONS, FOOD PATTERN AND SOCIAL HABITS.
EFFECT OF BARIATRIC SURGERY ON CO-MORBID MEDICAL CONDITIONS
In addition to weight loss, bariatric surgery results in resolution of medical problems like type 2 diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, hyperlipidemias in significant number of patients.
This resolution is more after sleeve gastrectomy and diversion procedures compared to purely restrictive operations. Reason behind this resolution is due to the alteration of gut hormones like GLP 1, that control insulin production and action, ghrelin, anti incretins in addition to weight loss and calorie restriction. Due to these positive effects laparoscopic metabolic surgery is developed to cure type 2 diabetes. Loop duodenojejunal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy (LDJB-SG) and Sleeve gastrectomy with jejuno-ileal interposition (SG-JII) are the most effective surgeries to cure Type 2 diabetes. These operations result in resolution of type 2 diabetes in majority of the patients regardless of their weight.
FORTIS MOHALI – STATE OF THE ART FACILITY IN TRICITY
- Best Infrastructure to handle complex cases like super super Obesity, old age bariatric surgery, previous open suregries and revisional bariatric surgery. All our patients are always well looked after according to international standards and protocols. Whilst state-of-the-art technology and equipment ensures our surgeons have everything they need to perform to their optimum.
- International Excellence Federation for bariatric and metabolic surgery (IEF) Protocols for all patients to ensure a trouble-free experience for all our patients we follow IEF guidelines for all processes and protocols. This includes surgery planning, nursing, consent forms, onsite availability of critical care specialists and systems for both care and follow-ups.